Document / search engine: Periodic Reporting for period 2 – PAPTIC (PAPTIC – The Good Conscience Alternative)
Framework project: PAPTIC – The Good Conscience Alternative
Short name of the project:
CORDIS link if relevant: https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/738808/reporting
Summary of the context and overall objectives of the project
The main objective of the project is to revolutionise the global carrier bag and flexible packaging industries by producing the world’s first environmentally friendly and economically viable alternative to plastic bags, meeting the needs of retail companies, brand owners and consumers.
In order to reach the overall objective, several specific objectives have to be met:
• Set up a prototype PAPTIC® material production line with commercial capacity of 10 000 tons / year, which is necessary for producing 400 million PAPTIC bags annually.
• Increase renewable content of PAPTIC® bags to at least 85% by integrating new renewable raw materials.
• Improve the mechanical performance of the material to enter new market segments.
• Improve the PAPTIC® production process to further increase energy efficiency by 30% and reduce water consumption by 25% compared to the current process.
• Certify the material according to EU and national legislation in target markets (initially Germany, UK, and France).
• Sign the first 12 commercial contracts for delivering 100 million PAPTIC@ bags.
Countries/regions described/represented: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands, UK