The framework for National Bioeconomy Strategies Development supports member countries in the development of their national bioeconomy strategy. Strong and Coherent National Bioeconomy StrategIES in the Central and Eastern European Countries is achieved through:
WP1: Framework For National Bioeconomy Strategies Development
- Establishing dialogue establishment at the inter-ministerial level.
- Placing the Bioeconomy in the Political Agenda of the BIOEAST countries.
- Reviewing the bio-based sectors of the national economies and collecting their statistical evidence.
- Demonstrating the impact of Bioeconomy on national economies,
- Developing of a CEE Virtual toolbox for establishing bioeconomy-related strategies.
- Analyzing the capacities and relationships between the actors of the quadruple helix(Knowledge institutions, industry, policymakers, and civil society) for 11 BIOEAST countries,
- Providing comparative analyses and benchmarks, and summarizing inputs from the actions in the National Bioeconomy Strategy Concept Papers.
WP2. Capacity Building for BIOEAST Stakeholders
The overarching objective of WP2 is to build and improve capacities within the quintuple helix to support the implementation of the bioeconomy strategy in close cooperation with stakeholders. An extensive network for the stakeholders in Bioeast will be built upon two strong pillars:
- Creation of a level platform for an international community of experts (consisting of selected policymakers, researchers, advisers, key industrial stakeholders) in the BIOEAST countries, who have high outreach and multiplication potential for creating bioeconomy networks at national and macro-regional level to build capacities for the national and macro-regional development of the bioeconomy.
- Provision and Exchanging of good practices on how to enhance collaboration between the different stakeholders, with the focus being on the implementation of bio-economy, technology transfer.
WP 3. Establishing The Macro-Regional Structures In Support of The BIOEAST Initiative
The objective of WP3 is to set up functional structures that will provide long-lasting support to the BIOEAST initiative after the project’s lifetime and will ensure consistent setup and updating of the SRIA for the whole BIOEAST macro-region. It deals with one of the main identified challenges in the VISION Paper, the “C3 Governance impasse”, aiming to solve the lack of participation of the public administration (decision-making level) in EU wide research and innovation related networks, in the trans-sectorial strategy building.
WP 4. BIOEAST SRIA Development And Positioning The Macro-regional bioeconomies
The ultimate and most visible deliverable of WP4 will be the BIOEAST Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA), in line with the comprehensive foresight study supervised by the Advisory Council, sector-based studies linked to the Thematic Working Groups (TWGs) prepared in WP3 and bioeconomy sector analyses prepared in the WP1.
The WP will strengthen the basis of the BIOEAST Initiative and bring together all the knowledge created in previous WPs at local, national and macro-regional levels into one strategic output, namely the SRIA. The SRIA will provide relevant and high-quality strategic research policy advice in the evolving landscape of the broader bioeconomy and related sectors. It will be an evolving document that will live beyond the lifetime of the CSA. The SRIA will provide the Member States and the European institutions with strategic information concerning the deployment of a knowledge-driven bioeconomy in the BIOEAST macro-region.
WP 5: Communication, Dissemination and Exploitation
This work package will, on the one hand, increase the visibility of BIOEASTsUP at the national and EU levels and on the other hand increase the popularity and acceptance of the bioeconomy among the different professional groups, related to all aspects of the bioeconomy (societal, economics, industrial, agricultural, etc).
WP5 is strategically oriented towards maximum interaction between project partners and all relevant stakeholders, therefore each partner will provide content for the dissemination actions and tools. A BIOEASTsUP CET – a team of specialists in the bioeconomy and communication – will be created in each country to support the C&D process at the national and macro-regional levels. BIOEASTsUP CETs will also cooperate with the local media and participate in public events and local meetings. For clear identification, distinctiveness and uniqueness of the “BIOEAST” initiative, the word “BIOEAST” and the “BIOEAST” logo will be filed to the European Union Intellectual Property Office for trademark registration.
The dynamic search engine of the stakeholder database will serve as a networking facility that connect actors and stakeholders. It will provide enhanced facilities for cooperation between researchers and relevant bioeconomy stakeholders that will contribute to more successful multi-actor projects. Furthermore, the platform provides an opportunity for policymakers to get direct access to the relevant stakeholders for the development of bioeconomy strategies and allows for multi-lateral communication among the different stakeholders. The dynamic search engine of the stakeholder database will allow for peer to peer communication. Therefore, the platform ensures multi-actor connections during the project life and support the exploitation of project results.
WP 6: Coordination and Management
IUNG(Coordinator) and Quadro Synergy (Technical and Financial manager) establishes effective and efficient management and coordination structures including all activities concerning the internal workflow. , information exchange, and meetings in WP6. This work package coordinates the communication with the BIOEAST Governing Board.